Sunday 5 May 2013

Prominent American Gospeller Storms Abuja,Worships At TOG


Prominent American Songwriter and Gospel artiste,Lenny Leblanc is at present in Abuja and he early this morning worshipped at Pastor Ike Monye's Temple Of God Church Abuja,where he thrilled many worshippers with many inspiring praise and worship songs.
Leblanc,who said he was  making it big in the secular music world  in the 1970s,was brought to Christ by his close friend,who was a drug dealer,but later met Jesus
 Leblanc said: “It was one of my friends, a Vietnam vet. This guy had been like a brother to me growing up and by this time he had become a drug smuggler. He said, “Lenny, I’ve been saved. I’m going to heaven and I want you to be there with me.” His friend’s words shook LeBlanc to his foundation. “I really knew this guy, and I could hear it in his voice.  Something profound was going on, and I knew it was going to change me.”
While singing one of his favorite love songs at the church's second service,Leblanc said"I love the passion of Nigerians;they are awesome!''
The gospel singer who was in the secular music industry for 20 years,is currently popular for most of the reigning Christian songs he had written and sung.
Leblanc ,while performing live at the church held the worshippers spell-bound with his gentle and slow gospel songs,as he rendered his popular "Falling'',There  is None Like You'',among others.
The American singer,who has been in the music industry for many years thrilled church members more when he rendered a yoruba praise song  ''Kabiosio'' perfectly-to the admiration of many,as the church erupted in thunderous ovation for his outstanding performance.
Leblanc,who is visiting Abuja for the third time with his band members will also be performing live at Pastor Shola Adesoye's church- The LightHouse Church at Sheraton Hotels,Abuja,at 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment